Frequently Asked Questions
What equipment do I need?
- For games: Black Shorts or Black Spandex Shorts. For practice: Any shorts are acceptable.
- Shoes (athletic / tennis shoes)
- Knee Pads (optional but suggested)
- Not required but some parents ask what ball we use. Grades 7-8: It's the Molten L2 VBU12. Grades 4-6: Tachikara
What's the cost?
- The fee for grades 4-8 is $100. This includes a game jersey, tournament championship medal (if applicable), and covers equipment usage, operating expenses, facility usage fees, custodial fees, officials, and insurance.
When do I register?
- May 1st - May 31st at the SPORTS office, during business hours, or online at hsesports.org
- Late Registration begins June 1st
- Refund Policy:
May 1- June 15: Refund after $32 non-refundable processing fee.
June 16-July 15: Refund 50% after $32 non-refundable processing fee.
Junly 16-July 31: Refund 25% after $32 non-refundable processing fee.
After July 31: No refund will be given except for players making a junior high school volleyball team. Those players will be eligible for a full refund.
When are team photos taken?
- Team and individual photos will be taken by Pinwheel Photography on Saturday, August 24th. They will be taken before your match that day.
What facilities do we use? What doors do we use?
- Riverside Intermediate and Junior High School. Use Door 3
- HIJH: Hamilton Southeastern Intermediate & Junior High School: Use Door 5
- Fishers Junior High: Use Door 12
- Fall Creek Junior High: Use Door 26
What are the age divisions?
- Grade 4: Rec Only
- Grade 5: Rec and Competitive
- Grade 6: Rec and Competitive
- Grades 7 and 8: Only Rec
What Seasons are there?
- Fall: August 1st weekend through Fall Break (the first weekend in October).